Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Farewell-to-Summer Weekend

This past weekend, my cousin, Sherri, invited us to join her for a farewell-to-summer weekend at the beach.

We stayed in an older hotel just outside Ocean City, Maryland, that now bills itself as a family resort.  I stayed there a long time ago and while I remembered it as clean and family friendly, "family resort" seemed a stretch.


It was not.

My boys could care less about the updated rooms, renovated lobby, on site restaurant, and shuttle to the beach. What they liked about the Francis Scott Key was the Caribbean Key Indoor Pool.


Eclipsed only by the Pirate Sprayground.


They badly wanted a chance to check out the playground and game room, but in one weekend there simply wasn't time.

My boys love the beach.  It's probably their favorite place on earth, but they were almost willing to trade a day on the sand for a day at this family resort.

Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment