Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Last Day of School!

Today is the last day of school for my boys.  I talked to them on the phone last night (they were at their dad's) and they didn't seem as excited as I thought they'd be.

I pondered this and wondered if summer just means daycare to them. And while their daycare has a fantastic summer camp with field trips and days at the pool, maybe it's not as exciting as the lazy mornings and open-ended summers of my youth. I started to feel blue and wished I could stay home with them. Oh the day trips we could go on!  We could complete all 24 Park Quests! We could spend weeks at a time at the pool!

Just as I was feeling really sorry for myself, I began to think of what we did last summer.

We looked for sharks teeth at Calvert Cliffs.


We picked blueberries with Granny.


We hiked part of the Appalachian Trail.


We pet a snake.


We danced to the Beach Boys.


We all celebrated birthdays.


We went canoeing. . . twice!


 We went camping.


We went "down ocean."


We hiked along a mountain lake.


We ate lots and lots of ice cream.


If this summer is anything like the last, I don't think I should worry about the boys enjoying it!


No comments:

Post a Comment