Thursday, July 21, 2011

Park Quest Slackers

I'm happy to report the Rocky Gap quest went smoother than the hike with the cousins the day before.  After walking six plus miles on Saturday, Sunday's two mile quest was a piece of cake.  Plus, there were bits of history, the aviary and some wonderful views thrown in.

The first leg of our quest took us down the colonial road to Cumberland.  According to our quest instructions, George Washington once surveyed it. The boys had lots of questions about George.  I foresee trips to Westmoreland and Mount Vernon in our future!

Look! Gabe is smiling on a hike!
My favorite part of this quest was the canyon overlook.  The photo below is now the wallpaper on my work computer.


Rocky Gap was only our fourth Park Quest this summer. We need to finish ten by Labor Day in order to qualify for the Rendezvous. I refuse to stress over such things, but I'm not sure we're going to make it. Especially given the weather we're expecting the next four days--temperatures, without factoring in humidity, will be in the 100s!

I'd planned to quest this weekend, but Saturday may be more of a pool day than an adventure day. We'll see what Sunday holds.  Ninety-four degrees might feel chilly after 106!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment