Tuesday, June 5, 2012

First Hike of the Season

Can you believe it's June? The days are just flying by. Already, I'm having to think about teacher thank yous, the boys' birthdays and oh yeah, weren't we going camping this year?

What seems like last week, but was really more than a month ago, we went on our first hike of the season.  We were dogsitting, Sophie (a.k.a the best dog in the world) and I told the boys we were taking her to a park.  I didn't say anything about hiking. It wasn't until we parked the car and started down the trail that Gabe realized he'd been had.

"What? We're hiking?"
"I hate hiking."
I chose the Grist Mill trail in Patapsco Valley State Park because it's relatively flat and paved. Our first time out could be a leisurely stroll instead of a grueling workout.  I think it even won Gabe over.

He was happy by the time we reached the swinging bridge.


See, he wasn't even faking that smile.


Next time, I think we'll bring bikes.



No comments:

Post a Comment