Friday, December 14, 2012

Imagining the Worst

I had intended my first post-semester entry to be a happy one.

But it's hard to write about happy things after the news of today.

I was listening to NPR on my way home from work and a reporter in Newtown described the grid lock of vehicles surrounding the school. Not just emergency vehicles, but the cars of parents, abandoned in the middle of the street as they ran toward the school and their children.

More than any other image, that one has stuck with me and I'm haunted by the thought of how I would feel in their shoes.

And if my child was among the fallen? That is something I cannot even think of.

My faith is a feeble, elusive thing, but I pray with all my heart that God is with those parents, their children and all those in that small Connecticut town.

No comments:

Post a Comment