Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Plans and New Features

I have lots of plans for Pick Your Feet Up in 2013.

For one, a face lift is long overdue. The "About" page is outdated and there are some blog amenities I want to explore. I want to update the header and the colors and the . . . this may be more of an overhaul than a face lift.

I'll keep you posted.

Second, I have a few features I want to implement. The first of which is a weekly roundup of hand-picked, kid-friendly activities in the Baltimore/Washington area for the coming weekend.

It's time to spread the day trip love!

So, without further ado:

If you're brave enough to venture into the district and participate in the Inauguration activities, two kid-friendly venues caught my eye:

Inauguration Activities at Mount Vernon
Mt. Vernon, Virginia
Thursday, January 17 - Tuesday, January 22
cost: $17 adults, $8 children (ages 6-11)

Celebrate the Inauguration at the Smithsonian
Washington, DC
Saturday, January 19 - Monday, January 21
cost: free

Also in the District:

Shark Feeding
National Aquarium - Washington, DC
Saturday, January 19
2 pm
cost: $9.95 adults, $4.95 children

If you're like me and plan to steer clear of the Inauguration crowds, I have a couple of events for you too:

Call of the Wild: Winter Animal Tracking
Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 
Saturday, January 19
cost: free

Maryland FIRST LEGO League Championship
UMBC
Baltimore, Maryland
Saturday, January 19
8:30 am to 4:30 pm, best viewing times between 1-4 pm

Search the Skies
Robinson Nature Center Nature
Columbia, Maryland
Sunday, January 20
2 to 3 pm
cost: daily admission to nature center $5 adults, $3 kids (3-17), plus $3 for Star program

MLK Day of Service
Monday, January 21

I've curated these activities from many different sources. If you're interested in participating in one of these events (and I hope they at least gave you some fun ideas for your weekend), I would encourage you to check the details at the source provided.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment