Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Philosophy

It's easy to blow off your blog when things get busy. And if you're insecure or just really good at rationalization, you can come up with a host of reasons why this is okay.

But then you ask yourself, why do I do I blog? Why do I feel compelled to post stories to a website only a handful of people read? And if the reason is because you're driven to write.  You never stop composing stories. And once composed, you're then compelled to share those stories. You realize, you blog for yourself.

Well then, blowing that off is a whole other can of worms, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe not. Putting your own needs aside to help others is the way you were raised. It just means you have character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly. It was certainly how we were raised. The problem comes when you give to the detriment of yourself.

    In this case, though, I think it's mostly me just needing to prioritize a little better.

    ReplyDelete